Last year in term 3 we added a Masterchef flavour to our kid’s club. We had a cooking theme for the term. It was a great hit, and here is a video of the highlights plus put together a bit of a film clip on how we did the kids club.
Firstly, here’s the movie we showed at the final parent’s night, gives you an overview of what we did.
Then, here’s a video on how we did it:
You can download a zipped file of some of the resources by clicking here.
A few tips:
- The Masterchef font is Bauhaus 93.
- The Masterchef theme song is ‘hot n cold’ by Katie Perry you can download it off iTunes.
- Don’t just use my recipes – find some people in your church who are willing to come along and help run one of their favourite recipes, and then mould the teaching round that recipe.
- Most of the recipes were used DID NOT require cooking – icing gingerbread men, decorating cakes, etc. For the scones and the pizza pinwheels the kids made them and left them on a piece of baking paper, and parents baked them while the kids were in the Bible teaching time.
- We used the same format each day: 1 Cooking. 2 Clean up. 3 Bible teaching time. 4 Judging.